Functionalities implemented by Ifinity in the Warsaw Center for the Disabled
The Virtual Warsaw application helps non-disabled and disabled persons (including blind people) by facilitating movement and using services available in offices:
- Navigation inside the building – The application displays a virtual map of the office, marking our current position. The system automatically recognizes the direction in which we are heading and building floor.
- Dynamic route mapping to the desired location – By choosing the matter that we have to deal with or destination that we want to reach, the application automatically maps the route on the basis of our current location.
- Settling official matters – The system enables remote reservation of places in queues and monitors whether our turn is coming and informs us when our turn comes.
- Providing access to information in selected areas – In some places such as office entrance halls and corridors, the system provides on-demand information (eg. information from the information board).
Functionalities offered by Ifinity in the city
The Ifinity technology allows to create virtual maps of real spaces and locate users equipped in mobile devices inside buildings with the accuracy of a few centimeters. More importantly, however, beacons enable interaction with objects or services available in these spaces. This in the near future will change the way in which we handle much of our everyday affairs.
Here are some of the most obvious applications of the Ifinity System:
- Efficient navigation at railway stations, airports, bus stops – Interactive train/flight timetables enable to purchase tickets, inform about delays and when we have to leave home, enable checking-in at railway stations and navigate the user to the appropriate platform/gate. Determining the location of trams and buses, along with information about their arrival (the system informs a blind person about the vehicle that has arrived).
- Shopping in shopping malls tailored to our needs – On the basis of our shopping list, a personalized shopping route is created. The application helps to find the products we are looking for on the shelves. Extended information allows the user to compare products and enables purchasing them online. Of course, at a promotional price, based on our previous interactions with the store.
- Extended visiting of exhibitions and museums – Now it is possible to obtain additional information about currently viewed exhibits or their author.
- Marking places of culture and national remembrance – The system enables viewing additional contextual information, for example near monuments. It enables to build a historical narrative synchronized with the real space.
- Monitoring of parameters in intelligent houses – It is possible to remotely control the temperature, sunlight and humidity by means of a mobile device. What is more, we can remotely control home appliances. The system also enables remote access control and issues warnings against intruders.
Virtual Warsaw project was initiated and is realized by Warsaw Municipality. Ifinity Sp. z o.o. was selected as technology provider and mobile app designer for pilot’s phase of the project. As a recognition for city’s attempts to provide beacons based micro-navigation platform for visually impaired people, Warsaw has received a main prize in Mayors Challenge, organised by Bloomberg Philanthropies Foundation. The prize was accepted by Warsaw’s Major – Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz.
Download:Google Docs ENG Google Docs PL